" To understand just one life, you have to swallow the world." Well i wont open the doors nor the windows to my world, but I'm ready to allow peep-holes!

Friday, May 4, 2007

BOB DYLAN

There are some lyrics which never get out your mind, some words with which one can always relate to...
i dont think one can ever outgrow the following lines from different songs by Dylan. These will mean different things to different people on different occassions...

How many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky?
Yes, 'n' how many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free?
Yes, 'n' how many times can a man turn his head,
Pretending he just doesn't see?

I'm so tired of being lonely
I still have some love to give
Won't you show me that you really care
Only trouble is,
gee whiz
I̢۪m dreamin̢۪ my life away
Think i'll walk out in the storm
There no love to keep me warm inside
Hope it's fine at the end of the line
Now's the time to take a dive
Try a magic carpet ride
Everything is wrong
If you ever miss me
If i should cross your mind
You know where to find meI'll be waiting at the end of the line

As the night comes in a-fallin
'An' the silent night will shatter
From the sounds inside my minds
For I'm one too many mornings
And a thousand miles behind.
It's a restless hungry feeling
That don't mean no one no good
You're right from your sideI'm right from mine
Then take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind,
Down the foggy ruins of time,
far past the frozen leaves,
The haunted, frightened trees,
out to the windy beach,
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,
Silhouetted by the sea,
circled by the circus sands,
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves,
Let me forget about today until tomorrow.


Why dont we believe in the fact that everything in life can be as simple as kiss-and-make-up? why do we choose to make things harder when all of it is more cursed in our brains than in actuality? why should everything be a mess? why should we make peace with what might be, rather than being happy with what is? why shouldn't we be responsible for what is and why should what is not be what we want it to be? why should we think about an ending while we continue to live? if we are "living" why should there be so many endings? why should each ending be the result of divine intervention or awkward situations? why should we overlook good times for bad ones? why should bad ones always act like a curse? why cant bad times be reason for good times to resume? why should we wish our lives away? why shouldn't wishes come true? why should we always find the quick way out?

1 comment:

writerwoman said...

I will link to you at Poets Who Blog.